Monday, July 24, 2006

Get in line, Betty.

Those feisty Irish girls! During a speech at the 'Earth Dialogues' forum in Brisbane today, Nobel Peace Prize winner Betty Williams said "Right now, I would love to kill George Bush!". Her audience, mostly schoolkids, clapped and cheered. (Isn't Australia an ally in the War on Terra? Yikes!)

Things like this amaze me. Not that I disagree; I hate him too. It's just that this phenomenon of Bush-hatred has become so ... cosmic. In all the years I've been following US politics, I've never seen a president so universally despised as George W. Bush. Even Nixon had nothing on Bush. Truly amazing. It may be the one thing that Bush does with competence: inspires enmity. Well, years ago he said he was a "uniter", and most of the world appears to be united in their loathing of him, so .... heckofajob, Georgie!