Thursday, July 13, 2006

Go Joe & Valerie!

Fuckin'-A!!! Ex-Ambassador Joe Wilson and wife Valerie Plame (the CIA agent outed by Karl Rove, Scooter Libby et al) have called a press conference for tomorrow morning to announce they're filing charges against Rove, Libby, Dick Cheney and some unnamed others. This could be huge -- can a sitting Vice President retain his post while fighting such charges? And I *think*, though I'm not 100% sure, that exposing the identity of a covert operative is considered an act of treason... if Wilson and Plame are successful, I wonder if it will open the door for treason charges. Excuse me while I pull up a more comfortable chair and get a beer and some popcorn... this should be good.

An updated statement from the ambassador (along with .pdf of the complaint) is posted at dailykos