Monday, September 25, 2006

Status of Women

It looks like the Conservatives have cut $5million in "administrative savings" from Status of Women Canada ... I'm not sure if this means money that they don't really need, or if it means the actual cutting back of projects, peoples' jobs and so on. If it's waste, that's acceptable, but still there are probably a lot of other places that are wasting a ton more money than SWC (corporate welfare bums come to mind, butanyway).

I don't have any details so I can't say much about it except that it's disappointing and probably a bad omen. Taken together with the appointment of that whacko judge last week, I don't like the direction this government seems to be heading in. Maybe Harper wants Canada to be as polarized as the US. Well, I'll write more when I know more.