Saturday, January 27, 2007

Tagged!

I've been tagged for this meme by yayacanada.

RULES: People who get tagged need to write a blog post of 6 weird things about them. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you are tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

This one should be easy:

6 Weird Things About Me


1. I'm a sock freak. I love wild and weird-looking socks, the more colourful the better. I have 2 drawers full of them... I am the Imelda Marcos of socks.

2. I have a 6" scar on the outside of my left knee, from a car accident about 30 years ago (compound fracture and broken kneecap, yuck). It's one of those thick ugly scars that you can see the stitch marks in if you look close. I think it's cool -- and it's fun to make up different answers whenever someone asks me how I got it ("Shrapnel, Nam. Special Forces, '68" and so on). My left knee has 2 screws in it that sometimes set off metal detectors. Woohoo!

3. I used to do "hydroponic farming" in my barn (like everyone else around here).


4. I'm an accomplished crash test dummy. I once drove my motorcycle into the side of a pickup truck (I was trying to pass him and he suddenly turned left) and got up and walked away (but the next day I was black and blue from head to toe). Oddly, the worst physical damage was caused by my sunglasses after I did a face plant into the pavement.

5. I'm obsessive about keeping "to-do" lists in my daytimer and crossing each thing off as I get it done. Sometimes if I do something that wasn't on the list, I'll write it in just so I can cross it out. Sick.


6. I have a tiny light scar on the inside edge of my left eyebrow from the time I bent down to pet the dog who was asleep in a doorway, and hit my head on a doorknob. It wasn't a round doorknob, it was the kind with an edge, and it really gouged me. The scar isn't noticeable but if I look closely, I can see the exact shape of that fucker engraved in my head.

Who shall I tag? Let's see... Bruce, Q, Earl, Sheena, BC Waterboy, and Simon! Okay guys, 6 Weird Things... tell!