Saturday, May 05, 2007

Thankyou thankyou!

I've been nominated for a Thinking Blogger Award(!) by Debra at April Reign (read about me here).

The participation rules are simple:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn’t fit your blog).

So, here are 5 Canadian bloggers who make me think.

1. Politics & Poetry - Great feminist (and more) news and views on politics and current events. This blog is thoughtful, well-written and explores the issues thoroughly and in depth. Berlynn also often writes about issues that are important but get buried by the MSM. Very informative.

2. Creekside - News and views on politics and events, with a twist of humour. Alison is where I go to get the goods (and the snark) on Canadian issues. Underneath the humour, she does really her research, so her posts are both entertaining and informative.

3. Montreal Simon - Politics, current events, gay issues and opinions. Simon writes with a great passion that, as I once told him, "gives me hope for the younger generation".

4. Canuck Attitude - Bruce thoughtfully and eloquently expresses his take on current events, politics, gay and humanist issues, and a variety of things, from a very touching, personal viewpoint. AND he has the weekend Betty Boop cartoons! Woohoo!

5. North of Center - Q offers his take on world news and political issues, but sometimes he'll post offbeat stuff like interesting artwork, graffiti etc. A cool little blog with Q's personal take on things.

These are all great blogs, all different in style, all with something interesting to say, and all daily stops for me! (I would have added Harper Valley, where Scout's "Famous Stupid People" series does force me to use my brain, but Scoutie's on hiatus from blogging right now. Honourable Mention!) Now, you don't have to nominate anyone, but you can still display the button if you want -- I know some of you don't like memes, but having been nominated for this, I had to name you. Sorrrrrrry! (No I'm not. Yes I am.)

Now you guys can take the button up in the left hand corner and proudly display it on your blog. You can nominate other bloggers, but you don't have to. And it doesn't have to be 5 if you do. So... congratulations!