Monday, October 29, 2007

Another award for Gore

This guy's unstoppable!! Al Gore's latest accolade is a second Quill Award (he won a Quill last year for "An Inconvient Truth"), this time for his newest book "The Assault On Reason":
"NEW YORK (Reuters) - Former Vice President Al Gore will receive a second Quill award on Monday at the third annual event that was created to bring glamour and Oscar-style red carpet extravagance to the world of publishing.

Nobel Peace Prize winner Gore's "The Assault on Reason" won the Quill award for the history/current affairs/politics category -- the same award he won last year for his book "An Inconvenient Truth."

Yeah!! I haven't read it yet but it's next in the queue, being one of the books that arrived with my latest shipment from Amazon (still working my way through Shock Doctrine, which sometimes gets so depressing that I have to stop reading - anything - for a day or two). I'm looking forward to Gore's book, although I'm not sure if something with a title like "The Assault On Reason" will be any less depressing than "Shock Doctrine".

Anyway... congrats again to Mr. Gore. Run, Al, Run!