Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Changing to New Blogger?

This may be one of the last blogs still on the Old Blogger format. I made the change to "Blogger Beta" early on, when the only actual change was a new log-in. After that I contemplated going to Wordpress, but I wasn't impressed with WP's creative flexibility, so that little project was terminated.

When the new Blogger template was finally introduced, I hated it. I'd rather tweak the HTML myself than use things like "Page Elements", so I clung stubbornly to Old Blogger while everyone else made the switch.

But as time goes on, Old Blogger is becoming increasingly recalcitrant, no doubt by design. (Today, once again, I can't upload images.) So I'm thinking this might be a good time to make the switch -- any input on what to expect as The Process goes down? (Yes, I have a backup of the blog in case things go sideways on me.)