Friday, January 25, 2008

Does anyone know

how to make friends with a parrot? Backstory: there's a parrot (named "Zachary") that comes into where I work (perched on the shoulder of his owner). He's so cute and soft and feathery, I'm dying to pet him, but every time I try, he bites me. His owner is no help, he just says "Oh, don't feel bad, Zachary hates everyone." Last night the little prick drew blood (the parrot, I mean).

I know what you're thinking: "Uhh just stop trying to pet him, you nitwit." Wrong answer. I'm not giving up until I can pet him. Besides, at this point it's become a test of wills -- he's inflicted so many wounds on me that I want something to show for all the damage. All I want is to pet his feathery little head.

Anyone have applicable parrot experience that might help me achieve this goal?