Monday, August 04, 2008

Firefox 3 browser/Mac OSX

Regarding the shiny new Firefox update, FF 3.0, that was released earlier this summer -- don't bother. Especially if you're running OSX 10.3 (Panther) -- it won't even open. It's apparently a known issue for OSX, but also Windows Vista, and possibly others.

I was able to install it after 3 attempts on my laptop running 10.4 (Tiger), so I thought I'd update my desktop (running Panther), but after being installed it wouldn't even open. I eventually found out that this issue seems to be affecting all pre-10.4, and some 10.4/5 Macs. Now it's crashing on my laptop as well. (Plus it's ugly and still buggy and the 2-year-old links issue still has not been resolved!).

If you installed FF 3.0 and you're having trouble with it, you can downgrade back to FF 2.0 here.

This has been a public service announcement from someone currently downloading Camino.