Thursday, February 01, 2007

What's really up with Blogger?

Blogger is known to have occasional problems, especially since the introduction of the new and supposedly improved "beta" version. But the "New Blogger" is supposed to be out of beta now, having had all the bugs worked out --- WHAT? I guess that's why every time I try to save a post I get this:

We're sorry, but we were unable to complete your request. The poem didn't work?

When reporting this error to Blogger Support or on the Blogger Help Group, please: "Reporting this error", that's rich. The "help" button takes me to a few places that don't "help", then ends up back at the "help" button. It's like a cyber mobius strip, going around and around for infinity.

  • Describe what you were doing when you got this error. I hate to admit it, but I was blogging: a lot to ask of a service called "Blogger".
  • Provide the following error code and additional information.
bX-b4msgb <----This is the error code that I can't "provide" because I can't get past the HELP button.
Additional information
uri: /post-create.do
host: www2.blogger.com That's helpful.

This information will help us to track down your specific problem and fix it! "Fix it" -- with an exclamation mark, no less. Here's some more exclamation marks for ya: WHEN!!! How about NOW!!!

We apologize for the inconvenience. Oh well that makes it all okay then. Bull fucking SHIT you apologize. Is anyone even working there? Hello? You aren't all slumped over your keyboards dead, are you? Or have you been abducted by aliens?

The irony of this error message is that even though it appears to be some kind of feedback report, you can't actually send it anywhere. Or type on the page. What the hell's going on? I think I'm gonna go with "abucted by aliens".