Monday, March 19, 2007

Georgie speaks

Today, on the 4th anniversary of the day the US (and friends) shocked and awed its way into Iraq, Georgie gave a speech on the state of the clusterfuck, and the news isn't good. The message was "The Baghdad Security Plan is still in its early stages." Georgie-speak for "It's not working -- yet!" (because "it'll take weeks, months, years, decades, eons, light-years" etc.) That was georgie's message... "early stages, early stages, early stages, September 11, early stages". And watching him, I have to say he didn't look like a guy with a lot of confidence in what he was saying.

But! says georgie "already some weapons caches and 2 major car bomb factories have been found". "Car bomb factories"? I could make a car bomb in my kitchen with some basic tools and a copy of the Anarchist's Cookbook, but I don't know that it would make my kitchen a "car bomb factory". Weapons caches? I have 2 guns stored in a safe place, is that a "cache"? I hate to be negative, but with georgie's unfortunate track record of exaggeration and outright lying, when he talks about car bomb factories and weapons caches (and mobile chemical weapons facilities, and weapons of mass destruction) I want to see the evidence.

Shorter georgie, in a rare moment of lucidity: "It would be tempting to look at the challenges in Iraq and conclude our best option is to pack up and go home". If only, instead of more blather about "terrorist safe havens", he'd followed that by saying "so let's do it".

EDIT: And I just saw on the news that the troop surge is already up to 28,000? From the original 21,000? With more to come??? Arrgh.