Friday, April 20, 2007

What's this?

Is this some kind of spam or something? I say this because most people who email me at my blog address don't put their company title under their name. Not that I disagree with the sentiment:

"I thought I would let you know something that absolute floored me.

A Gallop poll in 2004 conducted in the U.S. showed that 45% of respondents believe creationism to be true.

I hope to God that Canadians have more common sense. The lies the Christian right have been spinning is truly astounding.

http://www.galluppoll.com/content/?ci=14107&pg=1"

Apart from the abominable grammar (the "lies" are, not "is" astounding), it's kind of interesting if it means what I think it means... that spammers are targeting bloggers based on their political leanings. This may not be a new tactic, but I haven't seen it before. I wonder if any wingnuts got a similar email about the godless heathen liberals:

"A Gallop poll in 2004 conducted in the U.S. showed that 55% of respondents don't believe Creationism* to be true." *(note Capital Cee).

"Microsoft Gold Partner" eh? Hmph.