Friday, June 29, 2007

Tagged!

Ellroon at Rants from the Rookery and the Eternal Gaijin from the eponymous blog of the same name (Dept. of Redundancy and Redundancy here here) have both tagged me for the "8 Random Things About Me" meme. The rules be:

"1. All right, here are the rules. 2. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts. 3. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves. 4. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. 5. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog."
I'm not sure I'm "8 things"-worthy, but here goes.

(1) Fact: I have a 6" scar on the outside of my left knee, from being hit by a car (while jaywalking - urk!). I think it's pretty cool-looking; I usually tell inquiring minds that it's shrapnel from 'Nam.

(2) Habit: I can't just "turn off" the ignition key in my truck when the CD player is in the middle of some really outstanding music by some idol of mine (ie. Hendrix). First I have to gently turn the sound down until it's inaudible. Then, and only then, can I turn off the vehicle. Anything less would be disrespectful. (If, on the other hand, I happen to be listening to O'Reilly on the radio, I just yell "Shutup!" and turn the key off while he's in full rant.)

(3) Fact: I had "cartilege rings" on my upper ears at least 10 years before they became popular (it was a biker/punk thing in the 80's).

(4) Habit: I ritually visit the same five sites, in the same order, every morning: Canuck Attitude, Canadian Cynic, Harper Valley, Dependable Renegade, Progressive Bloggers (where I go from there is anyone's guess).

(5) Fact: In 1983, I drove from Toronto to Vancouver, then down the west coast of the US, down the Baja and ferried over to Mazatlan, where I stayed for a couple of months. (Fact 5(b): It was sweet.)

(6) Habit: First thing in the morning I surf by laptop while I watch the news, just in case *something exciting* is happening. Later I switch to my desktop.

(7) Fact: I had an abortion, but secretly... I'm really fucking glad I did!! Hahahaha!

(8) Habit: I love to see the fundies clutch their pearls. (It's a "positive addiction".)

So that's it! And now, it's Ladeez' Night! I'm tagging all girls: Harper Valley, April Reign, Hope & Onions, Politics & Poetry, Thought Interrupted, Red Jenny, skdadl at pogge and In The House & Senate. Take it away, grrrls!