Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Some great stock-buying opportunities

Woohoo! Buy stocks while they're down! That's Harper's economic strategy?
"I think there's probably some great buying opportunities emerging in the stock market as a consequence of all this panic," Harper told reporters as the S&P/TSX fell for the fifth straight day.
Although he's probably right about that, I'm not really interested in investing at this moment, I'm interested in keeping what I've got. I suspect most people feel the same way, especially those with huge balances owing on their mortgages. Good time to buy stocks? Riiiiiiiiight.

What, if anything, has Harper said about how he'll tackle the real economic challenges of the next few years? This is the one and only thing I'm interested in this election cycle. Anybody got a Coles Notes version?