Sunday, August 13, 2006

Blogosphere's Newest Member: Mahmoud Ahmadinejad!

Reuters reported today that Iranian President Ahmadinejad has decided to try his hand at blogging. In his first blog entry, Ahmadinejad slags America and talks about his childhood, relating how in the 1st grade he read newspapers with the help of adults. He said "I realized that (the) Shah attempted to add another page to the vicious case history which was the humiliation and indignity of the Iranian people versus Americans". Well! Pretty complex thought process for a 7-year-old! Not surprisingly, Ahmadinejad's first blog entry was over 2,300 words long, which even he admitted was running off at the keyboard a bit (this paragraph is about 110 words). He said in the future he'd keep it short and sweet: "From now onwards, I will make it simpler and shorter".

Reuters didn't give a link to the blog, so I've tried googling such random titles as: "Little Green Jihads", "Allah's General" and "The Daily Dishdasha". Haven't found it so far, but I'll definitely post a link when I do.

Prez Mahmoud, if you're reading this: blogroll me!

EDITED to add linkie and change source.