Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Last word on FD (then I go back into ridicule mode)

I'm losing hope (and empathy). I've never seen anyone go so completely opposite to the way they should be going than FD and how they're dealing with their CHRC difficulties.

They're planning a rally... fine, good for them. I like to see people out protesting, whether I agree with the issue or not. It's one of our rights, no, obligations as participants in a democratic society, to get out there and protest the shit we don't like. So they're planning a rally for the site owners... great... "and Bill"!??. Oh, that's a fine idea, give that fruitcake the stage so he can blather and foam away, maybe hand out some flyers with 4-colour pictures of anal warts and prolapsed rectums (recta?)... that's the face they want to show the media and the rest of Canada? I had a hard time maintaining sympathy for their plight when I found out they'd published the complainant's personal information, but a "rally for Bill" is a deal-breaker.

And now...
...they're collecting "incriminating evidence" from lefty sites and blogs. Yeah, they've been here (I know who's who on the sitemeter), although I wouldn't think they'd have to look far to find something that offends their tender sensibilities. It is, after all, "What I Do" (she said proudly). Predictably, someone is even threatening to file complaints with the CHRC. Good way to fight for Free Speech, guys -- gather up all the stuff that you think should be censored and make your own complaints.

I give the fuck up, seriously.