Monday, June 12, 2006

Enough already, we believe you.

Why so many details on the death of Zarqawi? I don't think we really need to know that his lungs exploded, he was bleeding from every orifice, etc. etc. I also noticed that they replaced the first picture of him with a deader-looking image, complete with bruises, scrapes and blood. Next I expect to see one of his head on a stick. It seems like the Bushies are going to elaborate lengths to convince us that the Z-man is dead... why? I remember them doing something similar with those yucky autopsy shots of Uday and Qusay Hussein, but at least that time they didn't frame the picture as though it was headed for the Museum of Modern Art. A picture of a dead guy's head, in a frame no less. Maybe it's just me, but doesn't that seem just a little bit trophy-ish?