Saturday, August 04, 2007

Bookmark me, already

This is some weird stuff on my site meter. At first I wasn't sure how weird it really was, but now that it's been going on for awhile I'd say it's Officially Weird and enough is enough, I'm calling it out.

A few months ago,during all that "Christian Government" stuff, I started getting hits every few days from the same couple of IP addresses that originally came in from a password protected message board belonging to the nuts at CG. Okay, so I know my blog was linked on that article that they published in their newsletter, therefore it wasn't surprising to get a few hits from them. But since I'd gotten a rather aggressive message from one of them, I was flagging all the hits coming from there and keeping track of the pricks. Eventually their traffic slacked off, but since I was still keeping track, I noticed a couple of IPs that kept returning -- not from the "christian government" site anymore, but from a google search of "unrepentant old hippie". Always a google search.

Two months later, they're showing up more than ever -- at least 2 or 3 times a day (3 times so far today), every day, and still always from a google search. Always. Isn't that kind of weird? Why don't they bookmark me? I bookmark any site I visit more than once a week, let alone 2 or 3 times a day. Why won't they bookmark me!? It's starting to bug me, it's so inefficient.

What are they coming here for? Clearly they're not friendlies, not coming from CG's message board. If they were here because they enjoyed the blog, they'd bookmark it. Why teh Google over and over and over? Why all the mystery?
Two possiblitites:

1. Some christian person discovered this blog during the Xtian Government fooferaw and decided that they secretly enjoy it and feel an ever-increasing need to indulge in this dirty little guilty pleasure a few times a day (I'm like crack, baby... can't get enough o'that funky stuff). But they won't bookmark me for fear of detection (or infection);

2. Someone is keeping an eye on this blog (ooh! ooh!).

I'd like to think the first option, but sadly, I doubt it. I'm afraid these weird Google-driven visits are part of the search for incriminating evidence of religion-bashing lefty intolerance that's recently been launched by zealous defenders of free speech. If that's the case, I'll make things easy -- sure, fuck it, I'll take one for the team. Let's see. There was a Jerry Falwell Death Party thread a while back, that's pretty offensive. Also the Virgin Mary urinals, but I was pretty offended by those myself. The 6-Foot Chocolate Jesus posts might have been a bit irreverant. And every third post practically shudders and moans with my desire to get pregnant just so I can have an abortion. Just for spite.

Really, it's easy pickings around here. It it takes a right-wingnut more than a few minutes to find something to be outraged about, I'm not doing my job.